Thursday, January 1, 2009

Staying True To Your Beliefs

Not to long ago when I was a sophomore in High school, me and my close group of friends "about seven or eight of us" would talk everyday at lunch, in between the locker bay about how everyone was a fake, or how everyone besides us followed like sheep. and I believed it, and regarding most of the people I know, I still do. But as of today I would have to add most of my friends from those lockers to that list.

I have a good handful of friends, that I consider brothers of mine. Some that sat in that very locker bay. They spoke of how drugs corrupted and alcohol polluted and cigarettes destroyed. But still as of today almost all of them have given in to those vices. Coming up with excuses to justify their disgusting habits. But let me clear this up. If you meet me and you do either of the last two I won't like it, But I won't try and stop you. You are who you are and we can be really good friends. But to go through all of High school and to look down on others for their deeds only for you to go around and do the same disgusts me. When you change what you stand for, you should have a good reason. Deciding to hurt yourself in the long run, for good feelings in the short term is not an acceptable reason.

I understand as a person grows, they change, they evolve. I know this from first hand experience. My views and opinions have greatly changed over the years, but they have also always shared a core set of beliefs. Respect yourself, Respect your Family, Respect the Earth.

And they too followed these same core beliefs, because of these views and our disdain for the rest of the "mindless plebs" it brought us together. They still have a disdain for the rest of society as do I. But now they indulge in the worst "pleasures" this society has to offer. I can't believe it. It takes a lot to fall to temptation for me, I admit it has happened to me before, I am not perfect. But you see these things such as women and not so healthy food I have never spoken so harshly against.

We share a lot of the same views on capitalism, modern society and the media. None of us like where the future is heading. But tainting their body is not the way to prepare for it. They speak of the mindless while they kill their own brain cells.

So when you take a stand on something, then mean what you say, stay true to what you believe. That is the meaning of this post. Be free from those temptations.

No comments:

Post a Comment