Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Food for thought

I just returned from a weekend trip in the Orange county area of California, partly for vacation and fun, but also to meet with other likeminded individuals to get the ball rolling for LANA( L.A. National Anarchists). After a couple dinner meetings and a hash out of our plans in combination with members of freedom14 and also The Occidental Quarterly; I would say it was a fairly productive weekend! I was staying in an area "which is more and more rare these days" that contained only members of my tribe. As we gathered food from the various stores, the same question was asked of us on several occasions, “Getting ready for the big game to today” or “is this for a football party”. Sure it was a Sunday and I do understand how popular football is in America, but these questions and outburst really get me thinking about what this country has become. Can a couple people not procure food and it be assumed linked to dogmatic football. I had to laugh each time because it was so far from the truth. What took place that Sunday was a long day of brainstorming intellectual ideas, which that area I believe will in the near future feel the effects for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment