Monday, March 15, 2010

Friends of Epic Beard Man Mailing List

Greetings,

This message is to inform you that I met Thomas Bruso, aka Epic Beard Man yesterday. There has been a huge outpouring of support for him and I would like to thank everyone for showing your concern for what he had to go through.

As you probably know there are a ton of new websites selling Epic Beard Man merchandise and various websites that claim to be created as his legal defense fund or a place to send him donations. Â Tom is not associated with these websites and websites that claim to be made by him and soliciting donations are scams.

The only website that I can confirm has said they will send a portion of the proceeds is iamamotherfucker.com

Attached is a picture of a slightly edited voided check Tom gave me. To send a donation to him please ONLY send a check to that address.

For clarity that address is:

Thomas Bruso
1720 MacArthur Blvd. Unit 507
Oakland, CA 94602-1777


I can tell you that interacting with Tom is quite an experience and on public transportation and walking on the street he loves to talk with his fans. I would suggest sending him a short note of why you are writing and include a stamped self addressed envelope so that he can send you a note of appreciation in return. Â I will mention that thanks to generous donations from his fans he has been able to get the money he needs to attend his moms funeral.

A couple people have asked about who I am and I'm a San Francisco activist involved with various community organizing groups that do things like help the homeless and charity fundraisers. Â I'm not associated with anyone selling EBM merchandise and like you wanted to show my concern for what he had to go through with this ordeal.

Last but not least feel free to forward this information along to others. If you have any questions or concerns please let me know.

Thanks!
Andrew Yeoman

No comments:

Post a Comment